Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hitting the Waves and Typhoon

Wow, 好久不見!

I've missed you guys and sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've am usually so busy and this week and weekend have been no exception.

So first things first, I had the opportunity to go to the National Palace Museum, but unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures within, but I will you a few bits and pieces about some of the things that I saw. There were many pieces of different pieces of artwork, works written by Chinese emperors, and so much more. From these famous pieces of calligraphy to even more breathtaking paintings of mountains. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Chinese paintings of mountains are a particular favorite. The museum is massive and I spent a few hours there making sure that I got a good look at just about everything that I could. There inside the museum is this famous piece called the Jadeite Cabbage. It is a very famous excellent piece of jade work that had been on tour in Japan, but had returned a few days earlier, so I was fortunate enough to be able to see this wonderful piece of work.I would just like to give a thank you to my friend Larry answering a ridiculous amount of questions regarding much of what I saw.

Now for this weekend, my flat mates and I went to Wushi beach, which is a black sand beach. It was my first time going to such a beach and it was really nice. Unfortunately we went during the weekend do there were tons of people. You are probably wondering what was so special about a trip to the beach, well for me it was my first time attempting to surf. According to sources this is a great beach for beginning surfers and there were a ton of them out there including us. I am not sure if the purpose was learning how to surf or how to avoid other people. There was a lot of people falling off boards to avoid people, people running into people and over them as well. However the entire experience was extremely fun and worth the trip. I will certainly try to get back to catch a few more waves.

The food that I got to try while at the beach was awesome as well. I got to taste quite a few delicious dishes that I have no idea what exactly many of them were but they tatsted delicious and there were many things to choose from. The first seafood restaurant that we ate at served about 12 dishes, but in reverse order from usual, so dessert and main courses were served early and then sides and appetizers later. The second restaurant that we went to before leaving though got the order right, so more food was eaten.

Well today I have a typhoon day so that is why I have the time to be able to check back in with all of you. It s my first typhoon here in Taiwan and it thankfully doesn't seem to be too bad, but since classes are cancelled I can get a little rest today. Anyway I will put more of the pictures that I have taken up as well. Until next time be well everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment