Sunday, June 1, 2014

Freshly Landed and Very Tired

Hi everyone,

I know that many of you are very anxious to hear about my trip to Taiwan and here is the first installment. I am safely landed and am currently in Taipei. Woohoo! I would be even more excited but that was the longest flight that I have ever been on and I am currently only mildly coherent. I arrived here at night so I don't have any great pictures yet to show you but I will give you a little bit about what I have experienced so far. When Taiwanese people saw that they are friendly then you should most certainly believe it. As I stated earlier I have only been mildly coherent, but thanks to so many helpful strangers I am now safely bunked into the room that I will be staying in for tonight. From help in the airport to directions from the cab driver and even a store owner I managed to stumble into my temporary room. I was going to get pictures of it, but since I will only be inhabiting this room until 10:00 tomorrow I didn't think it necessary. On another good note, my Chinese language skills have been a success. Even while feeling a little loopy I managed to find a cab, convey the directions to him and then convey the specific directions to the store owner to locate the flat. I am very much so proud of myself. I wonder what I will be able to do when I am rested and fed. Speaking of food, I was thinking about picking up some late night snacks from the store when those silly directions interrupted me. Oh well, I still have quite a few left over from the flight. If anyone wants to fly to Asia, then I can highly recommend China Airlines. All I did was sleep and eat and the more I slept the more food they kept giving me when I woke up. I don't know if many of you know this, but I love food, and you will get plenty of blogs about food in the next few days. That's a lie, it will probably be throughout my entire trip. Anyway, I just wanted to check in to let everyone know that I have made it safely. I would stay longer, but as I said I will be moving to my actual flat tomorrow morning at 10:00.

Also six hour layovers are terrible -.-

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabriel! Glad you got there safely and I can't wait to hear more about Taiwan after you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I definitely got plenty of rest, but I really need to get to work so it will be a lot more exciting!

      Delete