Monday, June 16, 2014

So A Trip to the Zoo...FAIL

Hey there again,

I know many of you are wondering how I have time for all of this traveling around and having a good time when I am supposed to be studying hard in a language intensive program. Well the answer is that classes don't start until next week. I arrived here a week early thinking I would have a week break before going into classes, but now it seems like I will have a three week break before classes. AWESOME!

So yesterday a group of my new ICLP friends went to the zoo, but we only made it through a part of the zoo before it started raining and all the animals and people went scurrying for shelter. It was a nice zoo, but it would have been nice if we could have avoided the downpour and got to see more of the animals. I only was able to take a few pictures of some of the creatures before the torrents, so I didn't create a new album for them and instead put them in the main Taipei album.

We did however head to the underground mall which was pretty cool. It was completely underground and right next to the metro station. It is so convenient here to find places to spend money. It was pretty cool, not really a great mall for doing I guess real shopping, but more of a trinket and souvenir mall. It was nice though and of course I bought a few things to take back home with me. I am not very good at haggling, but I simply use a smile and somehow prices seem to go down. I was told I look like a movie star, and so I probably bought something I didn't need. These people are too much sometimes trying to make my head swell. I know they really don't mean it but still in the back of my mind...

Anyway, I know I mentioned trying to get a little bit of footage up, but unfortunately there is an issue with uploading video directly from my computer so I will have to circumnavigate the issue in order to get the videos up.

Until next time! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment