Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Latest Escapades and Classes Start

It's been awhile hasn't it. Well I have been a little busy actually doing real school work. You all should be proud of me. Well before I get to that there are a few more trips to talk about before we get into classes.

The trip to Dadaocheng was one of the toughest trips for me. I wasn't sure whether it was progressive fatigue or four hours of walking, but this was tough. It was a walking tour and I should have read that part of the description more carefully because walking isn't my specialty. Anyway through this tour we got to see many different kinds of architecture from European to Japanese in this area. Of course the area was littered with tons of little shops with odds and ends, but the the function of a main trade center had shifted away from this area. It could be clearly seen that it wasn't the busiest of areas, but the historical significance could not be understated with many styles and cultures being represented along a single street. We ended the tour at a famous temple known for creating creating many couples. All you had to do was go in and ask, being as specific as possible about what kind of partner that you wanted. Its safe to say I went into this temple.

After this long walking tour I had a chance to go back to the underground mall. It was a lot larger than I thought it was and spans three stations. An entire section was dedicated to books, books and more books. I thought I was in heaven. Of course you are probably thinking that he goes all the way to Taiwan to admire books. Well yes that's true. Just kidding. Anyway it was nice to see, but a lot more walking to make it to the food section of the mall.

The last ICLP trip was to the Shifen waterfall. The waterfall was very nice and very refreshing as the spray feel very cool against the Taiwan heat and humidity. There were paths leading up to a picnic area, but before then I ran into 18 immortal.s I am not familiar with them, but I do have a picture of each immortal for you to see. After visiting the waterfall we headed to the next part of the trip: sky lanterns. This was one of my favorite parts of all the trips. We were able to write all our wishes and so much more on the lantern before sending off into the night sky and watching them disappear among the clouds. Hopefully I can at least get one of my wishes on the lantern to come true. And if you are thinking that I put world peace on the lantern then you are sadly mistaken: 1st because I can't write that in Chinese and 2nd because I am extremely selfish. I mean why would I ask for world peace when I can ask for Yoon Eun-Hye as my girlfriend. I mean really, so its safe to say I let someone else wish for that. Maybe that will be one of their wishes that comes true.

Sorry that this post is so long, but I haven't been able to post in a while because I have been out making sure that I am busy all the time. Anyway I made a Taiwanese friend and this past weekend he took myself and another friend of his to the Lin Family Garden. Of course since my Chinese is so bad and his English is so good I didn't get to use my Chinese that much but it was a lot of fun. The Lin Family Garden was the playground of the rich and affluent and the display of the creative and imaginative.

So, yeah I have finally started classes and I have realised the drawbacks of appearing smarter than I actually am. Yeah, I can speak a little Chinese, but so often I speak the introductions of Chinese so well I feel like I get mistaken for an advanced speaker. Insomuch I am currently working like crazy to keep myself seeming smarter than I actually am. LOL. I still plan to have fun though I will only propably be posting on weekends from now on.

As always thank you guys for reading!

I haven't got any questions, but don't think that if you have something you want to ask that I will be too busy pretending to be smart to answer it. I will definitely pretend to know the answer to your question or actually find someone who does LOL :P

No comments:

Post a Comment